April 29th, 2011
Royal Wedding: CNN Digital traffic
Royal Wedding brings users to CNN Digital globally
**Traffic updated through 3p ET (8p London)
- – Through 3p ET (8p London), CNN.com had 45 million page views, up 45% over the prior 4-Friday average through the same hour.
- – Global video usage on the site (both VOD and Live) through 3p ET (8p London) was 7.7 million video starts, up 318% over the prior 4-Friday average. Of this total, 699 thousand were live video streams.
- – To date, there have been 300 submissions to CNN iReport’s Open Story: Royal Wedding with 137 vetted for use on CNN.
(Source: Omniture SiteCatalyst)
CNN on Mobile:
- – Global page views for CNN Mobile stood at 5.4 million through 3p ET (8p London), up 47% from the prior 4-Friday average. (Note: Experiencing latency — Data may be revised upwards as day progresses.)
- – Domestic video views for CNN Mobile reached 90.4 thousand through 3p ET (8p London), up 739% over the prior 4-Friday average. (Global video views not available – video not available on International mobile web)
(Source: Bango Analytics. Preliminary Data.)
CNN on Social Media
- – CNN’s Facebook page had 1.9 million fans and CNN’s Royal Wedding page had 23,000 fans through 3p ET (8p London). Also, more than 7,800 users commented on CNN.com’s Royal Wedding page while watching a live stream (and replays) of the wedding.
- – @CNN had 1.9 million followers, @cnnbrk had 4.2 million followers, and @royalweddingcnn had 26,000 followers through 3p ET (8p London) on Twitter. @CNN had 8 tweets about the Royal Wedding, which generated 1,700 re-tweets; @cnnbrk posted 1 time and was re-tweeted over 700 times. From 4am-9am ET, there were over 8,000 mentions of the #CNNTV hash tag.
- – Royal Wedding coverage on CNN had over 10,000 check-ins and 15,000 stickers awarded via GetGlue, which generated approximately 7 million impressions on both Facebook and Twitter.