HLN TO OUTPERFORM MSNBC IN TOTAL DAY FOR 19 STRAIGHT MONTHS
HLN TO RANK #1 ON WEEKENDS IN TOTAL DAY IN 2015
“MORNING EXPRESS WITH ROBIN MEADE” RANKS AS THE #2 CABLE MORNING NEWS PROGRAM IN 2015; UP THE MOST IN THE MORNING; CONTINUES TO BEAT “MORNING JOE”
- HLN will end the year up double digits in Total Day; +10% among P2+ (285k vs. 260k) and +15% (122k vs. 106k) in P25-54 2015 to-date vs. 2014 while FOX News is declining –3% and MSNBC down –17% among P25-54.
- Among the Top 40 cable networks versus year-ago in Total Day, HLN posts 2nd largest growth among P25-54 (+15%; behind only CNN);
- In Total Day, HLN registers its highest yearly P25-54 delivery in six years (since 2009) and 3rd best on record;
- HLN to beat MSNBC for 19 straight months in December 2015 (thru 12/25/15) in Total Day by +34% in P25-54, marking the first time that HLN will outperform MSNBC for a full year since 1999, plus scoring its biggest advantage since 1998;
- HLN to rank #1 among the demo on weekends in Total Day 2015 to date (143k);
MORNING EXPRESS WITH ROBIN MEADE
- “Morning Express with Robin Meade” (MXP) to rank as the #2 cable morning news show in 2015 among P25-54 (128k);
- MXP to end the year up the most among cable morning news in P25-54 increasing +23% (128k vs. 104k) and Total Viewers up +27% (284k vs. 223k) 2015 vs. prior year;
- MXP will continue its winning streak, beating MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” for 20 straight months [6-9 a ET] by +38% in P25-54 (128k vs. 93k) in 2015 while FNC’s “Fox & Friends” slides –9%;
- MXP is averaging its highest yearly P25-54 and P2+ performance since 2011.
* Nielsen data based on 2015TD: 12/29/14-12/25/15. Data is a blend of most current Live+7 data streams