- CNN Learn English launches through partnership with learning solutions provider Papagei.com
- CNN-branded money transfer service available from moneycorp
CNN International Commercial is expanding the CNN brand and generating additional revenue streams in the areas of English language learning and international money transfers through two new partnerships.
Working with Germany-based learning solutions provider Papagei.com, CNN is launching a dynamic English language learning service – CNN Learn English. Available on desktop and mobile, the subscription-based digital service will facilitate English language learning by overlaying CNN video content with Papagei.com’s unique translation and learning aids. Content is focused on finance and business, spanning a range of subject matters and a variety of dialects.
Tailored to enable the learning of business-level English, CNN Learn English will be available globally to consumers directly or to companies wishing to upskill its workforce.
The CNN brand is being licensed to launch CNN Money Transfers in partnership with award-winning international payments and foreign exchange specialist moneycorp. CNN Money Transfers is a payment tool managed by moneycorp, offering consumers a highly competitive service to transfer money without paying commission and the higher exchange rates often charged by mainstream banks. The CNN-branded solution, available on desktop and mobile devices, is part of the high-growth and digitally-driven financial tech sector.
“These initiatives are yet more steps in our ambition to take the CNN brand to wider audiences by entering into smart partnerships that enhance our footprint,” said Rani Raad, Chief Commercial Officer, CNN International Commercial. “In a changing media landscape, these partnerships add new revenue streams to our business, but more importantly launch new CNN services that will be valued amongst our audiences. We look forward to working closely with Papagei.com and moneycorp to develop these propositions.”
Both CNN Learn English and CNN Money Transfers will be marketed across CNN International digital platforms, giving CNN audiences the opportunity to benefit from both products. This new business diversification expands upon CNN International Commercial’s core business areas of advertising solutions, content sales and syndication, marketing and research.
– CNN Learn English is available at www.cnnlearnenglish.com on a subscription basis
– CNN Money Transfers is available at www.cnnmoneytransfers.com
Notes to Editors
For more information, please contact Dan Faulks at CNN on +44 207 693 1362 / firstname.lastname@example.org
About CNN International
CNN’s portfolio of news and information services is available in six different languages across all major TV, internet and mobile platforms reaching more than 395 million households around the globe. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America and has an increased presence in the U.S. with its recent launch on CNNgo. Over the years it has won multiple prestigious awards around the world for its journalism, including most recently the Asian Television Award Cable & Satellite Network and Channel of the Year, and is a two-time winner of Royal Television Society News Channel of the Year. CNN Digital is a top network for online news, mobile news and social media. CNN has 42 editorial offices and more than 1,100 affiliates worldwide through CNN Newsource. CNN International is part of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company.
With more than 10,000 original-language videos and over 120,000 interactive exercises from the most diverse subject areas available, papagei.com is the world’s biggest video language learning platform. The Hannover-based, international company has been awarded several prizes for its unique language learning solutions. Apart from the Comenius Award, papagei.com received among others the International E-Learning Award, the Worlddidac Award, the German educational media prize “digita”, the “INNOVATION PRIZE IT” by Initiative Mittelstand and the “Top 100” award for highly innovative companies. In July 2013, papagei.com was certified by the German TÜV. Individual learning solutions such as the video language courses for English can be tested for free and without obligation on http://www.papagei.com.
- Moneycorp is the trading name of TTT Moneycorp Limited – one of the UK’s fastest growing foreign exchange providers
- Moneycorp provides a quick, secure and competitively priced international payments service to individuals and a wide range of businesses
- Moneycorp offers an online travel money service, for home delivery or collection at any of its central London or airport branches – all at great rates. Moneycorp also offers a pre-paid ‘Explorer’ card that holds up to 7 currencies, offering customers a safe and secure method to carry their travel money
- Moneycorp began dealing in foreign exchange in 1979 from a branch on Oxford Street and has since grown its bureau de change network to 53 outlets. The business is owned by Bridgepoint
- TTT Moneycorp Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for the provision of payment services