For the sixth straight month, CNN swept the competition in multi-platform views and video, once again topping Yahoo News and BuzzFeed. With 87.5 mm, CNN was also within striking distance of Yahoo News’ 89 mm in multi-platform unique visitors.
CNN continued to dominate across social platforms with more fans and followers on Facebook and Twitter than any other news organization.
For the month of October 2015:
Multi-platform Unique Visitors
Trailing only Yahoo News (89 mm), CNN beat all other news competitors in multi-platform uniques (desktop + mobile).
CNN: 87.5 million unique visitors
- Huffingtonpost – 87 mm unique visitors
- BuzzFeed – 79 mm unique visitors
- Washington Post – 67 mm unique visitors
- The New York Times Brand – 66 mm unique visitors
- USAToday – 62 mm unique visitors
- Fox News – 55 mm unique visitors
CNN is #1 in Multi-platform Views
CNN secured the top spot for desktop and mobile views, beating second-place Yahoo News by 22% and third-place Fox News by 44%.
CNN: 1.6 Billion Views
- Yahoo News – 1.3 B views
- Fox News – 1.1 B views
- Washington Post – 769 mm views
- BuzzFeed – 675 mm views
- MSN News – 659 mm views
- The New York Times Brand – 554 mm views
(Source: comScore MultiPlatform, Oct. 2015.)
CNN is #1 in Desktop Uniques
CNN claimed the number one rank in uniques, beating Yahoo News by 13%.
CNN: 39 Million Uniques
- Yahoo News – 34 mm uniques
- Huffingtonpost.com – 33 mm uniques
- NYTimes.com – 29 mm uniques
- USAToday.com – 23 mm uniques
- FoxNews.com – 22 mm uniques
CNN is #1 in Desktop Page Views
CNN soundly beat all of the competition in desktop page views in October and has remained the leader in this category for six months straight.
CNN: 820 Million Page Views
- Foxnews.com – 694 mm page views
- Yahoo News – 692 mm page views
- MSN News – 525 mm page views
- NYTimes.com – 366 mm page views
- Washingtonpost.com – 363 mm page views
(Source: comScore Media Metrix, Oct. 2015.)
CNN is #1 in Video Streams
For the sixth month in a row, CNN outperformed all competitors in video streams. CNN beat Yahoo News by 84 million streams and more than doubled BuzzFeed.
CNN: 245.5 Million Streams
- Yahoo News – 161 mm streams
- FoxNews.com – 134 mm streams
- Buzzfeed.com – 111 mm streams
- MSN News – 73 mm streams
- NBCNews.com – 58 mm streams
CNN Video is #1 in Unique Viewers
More people watched video on CNN than any other news site in October. CNN bested Yahoo News by 53% and more than doubled FoxNews.com, NBCNews.com and Buzzfeed.
CNN: 26 Million Unique Viewers
- Yahoo News – 17 mm unique viewers
- MSN News – 12 mm unique viewers
- FoxNews.com – 12 mm unique viewers
- NBCNews.com – 9 mm unique viewers
- Buzzfeed.com – 9 mm unique viewers
CNN Video is #1 in Minutes Consumed
People spent more time watching video on CNN than any other news site last month. CNN doubled the minutes consumed on MSN News and was more than five times greater than that of Buzzfeed.com and NBCNews.com.
CNN: 1.8 Billion Minutes
- FoxNews.com – 1.3 B minutes
- Yahoo News – 1 B minutes
- MSN News – 842 mm minutes
- NBCNews.com – 316 mm minutes
- Buzzfeed.com – 309 mm minutes
(Source: comScore Video Metrix, Oct. 2015 – Desktop)
CNN is #1 in Social
CNN continues to maintain its number one position in social mentions and has more fans and followers than the competition.
- More social mentions than any other news organization.
- The most followed social news brand with 19.5 mm Facebook fans.
- 53 mm Twitter followers across CNN’s main accounts, more than any other news organization.
- 1.2 million Instagram followers, more than any other news organization.
- 1.1 million YouTube subscribers.
(Sources: Social mentions: Sysomos, 10/1/2015-10/31/2015. Other news organizations include ABC, Fox, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, Huff Post, NYT, WSJ, Yahoo!, NPR, and HLN. Facebook & Twitter fans and followers: Facebook and Twitter API through 11/18/2015. Fans and followers are for flagship accounts across Facebook and Twitter. Twitter includes @CNN and @CNNBRK for CNN data. Other news organizations include Fox News, MSNBC, Huff Post, NYT, BBC World News, Buzzfeed, Daily Mail, Mashable, NPR,Yahoo!, HLN, ABC News, NBC News, CBS News, and WSJ. Instagram followers: Shareablee, 11/18/2015. CNN represents flagship account for Instagram. Other news organizations include Fox News, MSNBC, Huff Post, NYT, BBC World News, Buzzfeed, Daily Mail, Mashable, NPR,Yahoo!, HLN, ABC News, NBC News, CBS News, and WSJ. YouTube subscribers: Shareablee, 11/18/2015.)