CNN Takes Top Spot in Multi-platform Views, Desktop Uniques and Page Views
Sweeps Digital Video Streams, Viewers and Minutes for Fourth Straight Month, Wins Social in August 2015
CNN had more views across its platforms (desktop and mobile) than any other news competitor in August. Along with CNN Digital’s success in money and politics, CNN became the leader in desktop unique visitors and page views.
The brand further cemented its position as the number one digital destination for news video, extending its winning streak to a fourth straight month in August. Up double-digits across all video metrics, CNN beat out Yahoo News and Buzzfeed once again, proving that CNN is the leader for online video.
CNN continued to dominate across social platforms with more fans and followers on Facebook and Twitter than any other news organization.
For the month of August 2015:
CNNis #1 in Multi-platform Views
CNN also secured the top spot for desktop and mobile views, beating second-place Yahoo News by 32% and third-place Foxnews.com by 88%.
CNN: 1.7 Billion Views
- Yahoo News – 1.3 B views
- Foxnews.com – 903 mm views
- Buzzfeed.com – 752 mm views
- MSN News – 666 mm views
- HuffingtonPost.com – 666 mm views
(Source: comScore MultiPlatform, August 2015. Foxnews.com video data is understated for August and contributes to MP Views)
CNN is #1 in Desktop Uniques
CNN claimed the number one rank in uniques, beating Yahoo News by 6 million uniques.
CNN: 40 Million Uniques
- Yahoo News – 34 mm uniques
- HuffingtonPost.com – 32 mm uniques
- NYTimes.com – 27 mm uniques
- Foxnews.com – 24 mm uniques
- MSN News – 22 mm uniques
CNN is #1 in Desktop Page Views
CNN soundly beat all of the competition in desktop page views in August.
CNN: 893 Million Page Views
- Yahoo News – 678 mm page views
- Foxnews.com – 646 mm page views
- MSN News – 538 mm page views
- Drudgereport.com – 413 mm page views
- WashingtonPost.com – 323 mm page views
(Source: comScore Media Metrix, August 2015.)
CNNis #1 in Video Streams
For the fourth month in a row, CNN outperformed all competitors in video streams. CNN beat Yahoo News by 55 million streams and Buzzfeed by 151 million.
CNN: 265 Million Streams
- Yahoo News – 211 mm streams
- Buzzfeed.com – 115 mm streams
- MSN News – 60 mm streams
- NBCnews.com – 53 mm streams
- Foxnews.com* – 16 mm streams
CNNVideo is #1 in Unique Viewers
More people watched video on CNN than any other news site in August. CNN bested Yahoo News by 27% and Buzzfeed by 131%.
CNN: 24 Million Unique Viewers
- Yahoo News – 19 mm unique viewers
- Buzzfeed.com – 11 mm unique viewers
- MSN News – 11 mm unique viewers
- NBCnews.com – 8 mm unique viewers
- Foxnews.com – 3 mm unique viewers
CNNVideo is #1 in Minutes Consumed
People spent more time watching video on CNNthan any other news site last month. CNN doubled the minutes consumed on MSN News and was five times greater than that of Buzzfeed.com and NBCNews.com.
CNN: 1.8 Billion Minutes
- Yahoo News – 1.2 B minutes
- MSN News – 624 mm minutes
- Buzzfeed.com – 324 mm minutes
- NBCnews.com – 308 mm minutes
- Foxnews.com – 67 mm minutes
(Source: comScore Video Metrix, August 2015. (Desktop) Foxnews.com video data is understated for August.)
CNN is #1 in Social
CNN continues to beat other news competitors in social, including ABC, CBS, Fox, Huffington Post, MSNBC, NBC, New York Times, NPR, Wall Street Journal and Yahoo! CNN is the news leader for social engagement with more fans and followers month-after-month.
- More social mentions than any other news organization.
- The most followed social news brand with 18.6mm Facebook fans.
- Nearly 50mm Twitter followers across CNN’s main accounts, more than any other news organization.
- 1 million Instagram followers, more than any other news organization.
- Nearly 1 million YouTube subscribers.
(Sources: Social mentions: Sysomos, 8/19/2015-9/17/2015. Facebook & Twitter API through 9/30/2015. Fans and followers are for flagship accounts across Facebook and Twitter. Twitter includes @CNN and @CNNBRK for CNN data. SInstagram followers: Shareablee, 9/30/2015. CNN represents flagship account for Instagram. YouTube subscribers: Shareablee,9/30/2015. CNN represents flagship account for YouTube.)