CNNMoney continued its rapid ascension up the list of top online financial news destinations with another record-breaking month for multi-platform unique visitors, mobile unique visitors and minutes spent.
Once again breaking its own records from the prior month, CNNMoney moved up a spot within the Top Five financial news destinations online in August 2015. The property also recorded a younger and more affluent audience than nearly every other competitor.
In August 2015, CNNMoney saw**:
MULTIPLATFORM TRAFFIC (Desktop + Mobile + Tablet)
Hitting the highest totals on record for unique multi-platform visitors for the third month in a row, CNNMoney recorded:
- 25M multiplatform unique visitors, moving ahead of Bloomberg.com, the Wall Street Journal Online, CNBC.com and more.
August 2015 broke all prior records for mobile unique visitors to CNNMoney with:
- 14.4M mobile unique visitors, ahead of the Wall Street Journal Online, Bloomberg.com, CNBC.com and more.
Across key video metric categories, CNNMoney ranked comfortably in the Top Five of financial news competitors, seeing:
- 6M video unique viewers, ousting BusinessIdsider.com, the Wall Street Journal Online, Forbes.com and more.
- 29.1M videos streamed, ranking ahead of the Wall Street Journal Online, BusinessInsider.com, Motley Fool and more.
Not only are more visitors coming to CNNMoney, they are staying longer. August of 2015 recorded:
- 434M minutes spent on the property once again surpassing the Wall Street Journal Online, BusinessInsider.com and more.
- 244M minutes spent watching video – the equivalent of 170,000 days or 500 years.
CNNMoney’s audience leans younger than most competitors with a:
- Median age of 48, proving younger than the users of the Wall Street Journal Online, Bloomberg.com, Yahoo! Finance, CNBC.com and more.
CNNMoney’s audience is more affluent than nearly all competitors with a:
- Median annual income of $95K, which is higher than the readers of Market Watch, CNBC.com, the Wall Street Journal Online, Business Insider, Forbes, Yahoo! Finance, and more.
**Source: comScore Multi-Platform Report, August 2015. Multi-Platform records date to February 2013. Video Metrix data is desktop online. All video data is desktop only. Demographics: Median Age and Median Income are desktop only.