CNN Politics claimed its sixth month in a row as the number one political news destination in August 2015, outpacing competitors and widening their gap across categories as the 2016 primary debate season began.
Marking a full half-year in the top position, CNN Politics’ breaking news coverage, enterprise analysis and digital videos outperformed other political news outlets once again by double and triple digits. CNN Politics also broke its own previous records in mobile traffic and desktop video starts.
In the month of August 2015:
CNN Politics: #1 Multi-platform Unique Visitors (Desktop + Mobile)
CNN Politics marked its sixth month as the dominant leader in unique visitors in the Politics category in August, outpacing second place Fox News Politics by more than 9mm unique multi-platform visitors.
CNN Politics: 21mm unique visitors
- Fox News Politics – 12mm unique visitors
- Politico.com – 10mm unique visitors
- Yahoo! Politics – 10mm unique visitors
- TheHill.com – 9mm unique visitors
- HuffPost Politics – 9mm unique visitors
Sources: comScore Multi-Platform Media Metrix, August 2015. Based on News/Information – Politics Category.
CNN Politics: #1 in Mobile Unique Visitors
For the fourth month in a row, CNN Politics ranked number one in mobile unique visitors and had double the number of unique mobile visitors as second place Fox News Politics.
CNN Politics: 12mm mobile unique visitors
- Fox News Politics – 6mm mobile unique visitors
- Politico.com – 6mm mobile unique visitors
- TheHill.com – 6mm mobile unique visitors
- MotherJones.com – 5mm mobile unique visitors
- MSNBC TV – 4mm mobile unique visitors
Sources: comScore Multi-Platform, August 2015. Based on News/Information – Politics Category.
CNN Politics: #1 in Multiplatform Views
More than doubling the number of views of second place Politico.com, CNN Politics far outpaced competitors in multiplatform views in August 2015.
CNN Politics: 141mm views
- Politico.com – 57mm views
- Newsmax.com Sites – 53mm views
- MSNBC TV – 53mm views
- Fox News Politics – 52mm views
- HuffPost Politics – 41mm views
Sources: comScore Multi-Platform, August 2015; Views are browser only and include desktop video. Based on News/Information – Politics Category.
CNN Politics: #1 in Video Starts
CNN Politics video team easily extended its winning streak and widened the gap to claim the number one spot again in August 2015.
CNN Politics: 45mm desktop video starts
- Young Turks Network – 20mm video starts
- MSNBC TV – 12mm video starts
- Bloomberg.com – Politics – 4mm video starts
- RealClearPolitics.com – 3mm video starts
- TheHill.com – 2mm video starts
Source: comScore Video Metrix, August 2015. Based on News/Information – Politics Category.