CNN Politics: #1 For Five Months Running
BEST MONTH FOR MOBILE AND VIDEO ON RECORD
CNN Politics once again registered as the top political news destination in July 2015, far outpacing competitors in every measurable category as coverage of the 2016 election heats up.
For the fifth month running, CNN Politics’ breaking news coverage, enterprise analysis and digital videos outperformed other political news outlets by double and triple digits. The network also saw all-time records in both mobile traffic and desktop video starts based on records dating back to February 2013 and August 2012.
In the month of July 2015:
CNN Politics: #1 Multiplatform Unique Visitors (Desktop + Mobile)
CNN Politics extended its lead within the Politics category, outpacing second place Fox News Politics by more than 5mm unique multiplatform visitors.
CNN Politics: 18mm unique visitors
- Fox News Politics – 13mm unique visitors
- Politico.com – 11mm unique visitors
- Yahoo! Politics – 10mm unique visitors
- ThePoliticalInsider.com – 10mm unique visitors
- HuffPost Politics – 10mm unique visitors
Sources: comScore Multi-Platform, July 2015. Based on News/Information – Politics Category.
CNN Politics: #1 in Mobile Unique Visitors
For the third month in a row, CNN Politics ranked number one in mobile unique visitors, outpacing all competitors.
CNN Politics: 10mm mobile unique visitors
- ThePoliticalInsider.com – 8mm mobile unique visitors
- Fox News Politics – 7mm mobile unique visitors
- Politico.com – 7mm mobile unique visitors
- MSNBC TV– 5mm mobile unique visitors
- Mother Jones – 5mm mobile unique visitors
Sources: comScore Mobile Metrix, July 2015. Based on News/Information – Politics Category.
CNN Politics: #1 in Multiplatform Views
More than doubling the number of views of second place Politico.com, CNN Politics far outpaced competitors in multiplatform views in July 2015.
CNN Politics: 136mm views
- Politico.com – 57mm views
- Newsmax.com Sites – 55mm views
- Fox News Politics – 53mm views
- HuffPost Politics – 50mm views
- MSNBC TV – 49mm views
Sources: comScore MultiPlatform, July 2015; Views are browser only and include desktop video. Based on News/Information – Politics Category.
CNN Politics: #1 in Video Starts
CNN Politics video team easily extended their winning streak to claim the number one spot again in July 2015.
CNN Politics: 39mm desktop video starts
- Young Turks Network – 20mm video starts
- MSNBC TV – 9mm video starts
- Bloomberg Politics – 4mm video starts
- RealClearPolitics.com – 3mm video starts
- TheHill.com – 2mm video starts
Source: comScore Video Metrix, July 2015. Based on News/Information – Politics Category.