April 2015 marked the second month in a row that CNN Politics ranked as the number one political news destination online, growing in unique visitors from the month prior.
As the 2016 field of candidates grew and the United Kingdom elected a new Prime Minister, users continued to turn to CNN for breaking news, enterprise analysis and unbiased coverage of politics around the globe. Once again outranking all digital political competitors, CNN Politics maintained its number one ranking in multiplatform unique visitors, views and video starts.
In the month of April 2015:
CNN Politics: #1 Multiplatform Uniques (Desktop + Mobile)
CNN Politics once again scored more multiplatform unique visitors than any competitor in the Politics category, and earned roughly 5 million more that that of fourth place Fox News.
CNN Politics: 14mm unique visitors
- Vox.com – 13mm unique visitors
- HuffPost Politics – 9mm unique visitors
- Fox News Politics – 9mm unique visitors
- MSNBC – 7mm unique visitors
- Newsmax.com Sites – 7mm unique visitors
- Politico.com – 7mm unique visitors
Sources: comScore Multi-Platform Media Metrix, April 2015. Based on News/Information – Politics Ranker.
CNN Politics: #1 in Multiplatform Views
CNN Politics was also once again No. 1 in multiplatform views with 81 million for the month, approximately 30 million more than second place Huffington Post. CNN Politics generated more than twice as many views as 6th place Fox News.
CNN Politics: 81mm page views
- HuffPost Politics – 51mm page views
- Newsmax.com Sites – 49mm page views
- Politico.com – 44mm page views
- MSNBC – 41mm page views
- Fox News Politics – 40mm page views
- Vox.com – 32mm page views
Sources: comScore Multi-Platform Media Metrix, April 2015; Views are browser only and include desktop video. Based on News/Information – Politics Ranker.
CNN Politics: #1 in Video Starts
Matching March 2015’s record-breaking month, CNN Politics ranked number one in the video category, surpassing second place Young Turks Network by 2 million video starts.
CNN Politics: 20mm video starts
- Young Turks Network – 18mm video starts
- MSNBC – 4mm video starts
- HuffPost Politics – 3mm video starts
- Voice of America – 2mm video starts
- RealClearPolitics.com – 2mm video starts
- Vox.com – 1mm video starts
Source: comScore Video Metrix, April 2015. Based on News/Information – Politics Ranker.