HLN ended 2014 on a ratings high and is primed for growth in the year ahead as it further evolves to become the all-screens home for the best social news and lifestyle content in the world.
MORNING EXPRESS WITH ROBIN MEADE (MXP) & CNN’s NEW DAY TIE FOR 2nd IN MORNING DAYPART FOR THE YEAR
- Among the key P25-54 demo, HLN’s Morning Express with Robin Meade and CNN’s New Day (6-9a) tied for the year, both ahead of MSNBC’s Morning Joe by 4% (104k vs. MSNBC’s 100k); a first for HLN since 2011. HLN has also beaten MSNBC in this time period for 8 consecutive months.
- In addition, 4Q14, MXP is up +15% in P2+ (238k) and +18% in P25-54 (116k), while FNC’s Fox & Friends is down -5% and -6%, respectively, and MSNBC’s Morning Joe is down -21% and -30%, respectively.
- Moreover, December 2014, MXP is up +33% in both P2+ (264k) and P25-54 (125k); FNC’s Fox & Friends is down -6% and -9%, respectively and MSNBC’s Morning Joe is down -11% and -22%, respectively.
HLN BEATS MSNBC IN TOTAL DAY IN P25-54; POSTS BIGGEST INCREASES AMONG CABLE NEWS NETS IN 4Q14
- HLN outperformed MSNBC in total day for the third straight quarter in the demo (113k vs 96k); its longest streak in more than 15 years (2Q99).
- HLN is experiencing the largest increases in Total Day and Prime (M-Su) among P2+, and among P25-54 in Total Day across cable news networks 4Q14 vs 4Q13:
- HLN (total day) +35% in P2+; +43% in P25-54 (prime) +23% in P2+; +18% in P25-54
- FNC (total day) flat in P2+; -4% in P25-54 (prime) +1% in P2+; +9% in P25-54
- MSNBC (total day) -20% in P2+; -28% in P25-54 (prime) -17% in P2+; -27% in P25-54
- CNN (total day) +20% in P2+; +32% in P25-54 (prime) +17% in P2+; +42% in P25-54
HLN ALSO POSTS DOUBLE DIGIT INCREASES IN DECEMBER
- HLN is experiencing the largest increases among P2+ in Total Day and Prime (M-Su), and among P25-54 in Total Day across cable news networks Dec 14 vs Dec 13:
- HLN (total day) +54% in P2+; +53% in P25-54 (prime) +29% in P2+; +11% in P25-54
- FNC (total day) -1% in P2+; -11% in P25-54 (prime) -2% in P2+; +6% in P25-54
- MSNBC (total day) -12% in P2+; -28% in P25-54 (prime) -9% in P2+; -28% in P25-54
- CNN (total day) +35% in P2+; +46% in P25-54 (prime) +27% in P2+; +50% in P25-54