Hosted by TV personality and musician Myleene Klass, ‘Fashion Season: Paris’ will air daily throughout the week on CNN International, and in a 30 minute special programme, as the world’s style capital plays host to a week-long showcase of new fashion trends. Mike McCarthy, Senior Vice President, Programming, CNN International, said: “We’re delighted to bring ‘Fashion Season: Paris’ to CNN International’s audience, and that Myleene Klass will be the face of our fashion coverage. The programming takes a look beyond the catwalk, meeting the characters behind the couture and will explore the business of the multi-billion pound fashion industry.”
- An exclusive Interview with one of the most important men in fashion, Bernard Arnault, chairman and CEO of luxury world leader LVMH. Include rare access behind-the-scenes at the family home of Louis Vuitton, plus the atelier where craftsmen hand-make their luxury leather products
- An interview with Belgian designer Dries Van Noten whose designs are celebrated for the fabric, prints and colours he brings together to into his own recognisable style. Proudly independent, his catwalk show in Paris promises to be standing room only. ‘Fashion Season: Paris’ joins Van Noten at the opening of a retrospective at the prestigious Arts Decoratifs, a celebration of his collections through the years.
- Former model turned web entrepreneur from Belgium, Charlotte Collard, who talks CNN through her new business concept, which she calls ‘a walking e-boutique’
- Behind-the-scenes at one of the most prestigious fashion schools in the world, the Ecole de la Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne, where former students Yves St Laurent, Valentino and Karl Lagerfeld learnt to cut their cloth
- Belgian designer Anthony Vaccarello’s show, alongside creative director Alexandre de Betak, transforming a catwalk into an experience
- Street photographer FaceHunter, one of the most recognised and talented photographers in the industry, as he documents street style on day one of the action.
- The 30 minute special takes a look back at the first half of Paris Fashion Week / Autumn Winter 2014-15, including highlights of all the week’s reports
PLUS ADDITIONAL INTERVIEWS with top designers: *Isabel Marant, the queen of quintessential Parisienne style *Olivier Rousteing, the 27-year-old creative director at established French fashion house Balmain, credited with introducing the historic brand to a younger audience through capturing the attention of the Instagram generation, and successful collaborations with stars such as Rihanna. A dedicated page on CNN’s website www.cnn.com/fashionseasonparis will showcase the best stories and highlights of the theme week, including daily video content. About ‘Fashion Season: Paris’ ‘Fashion Season: Paris’ airs Monday 24 February – Friday 28 February on CNN International, with daily reports in ‘News Stream’ at 1300 GMT / 1400 CET and ‘Connect the World’ at 2000 GMT / 2100 CET. The 30 minute ‘Fashion Season: Paris’ special airs at the following times:Saturday 1 March at 0930 GMT / 1030 CET and 2130 GMT / 2230 CET Sunday 2 March at 1000 GMT / 1100 CET, 1530 GMT / 1630 CET Monday 3 March at 0130 GMT / 0230 CET, 1030 GMT / 1130 CET and 1730 GMT / 1830 CET
For more information, please contact: Joel Brown Senior Press Officer CNN Europe, Middle East & Africa Tel: + 44 20 7693 0967 Joel.firstname.lastname@example.org