Join the Debate via Live Voting with CROSSFIRE’s Second-Screen Experiences
Users Join the Crossfire Tonight with Sen. Rand Paul and Sen. Robert Menendez
Keeping with its pioneering tradition of cross-platform programming, CNN will allow CROSSFIRE viewers to choose their interactive second-screen experience via Twitter, Facebook, or CNN.com/Crossfire to vote via mobile, tablet, or desktop platform and weigh in on the issues debated on the program. In a first for a television news program, CROSSFIRE will offer viewer voting using Poptip technology that tallies votes of CROSSFIRE’s daily debate question. Via Twitter using #CrossfireReturns, on CNN’s live blog, or by commenting to CNN’s CROSSFIRE page on Facebook, users will be able vote in real time. Results will be announced during the program.
Tonight, users will be able to join in the debate with hosts Newt Gingrich and Stephanie Cutter and guests Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) and Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ), by voting on whether Congress should approve the president’s plan to strike Syria. User results will air during the premiere program.
The first edition of CROSSFIRE will debut at 6:30p.m. ET, immediately following The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer, which will air at 6:00p.m. ET, with Wolf Blitzer’s interview with President Barack Obama.
- On CNN.com/Crossfire, viewers can join the conversation and follow along in the live blog powered by Scribble Live, which will feature highlights from the debate on social media, plus addition videos, articles, images and real-time highlights from the show.
- Gearing up for Monday’s premiere, the CROSSFIRE hosts have also released exclusive opinion pieces at CNN.com/Opinion.
- Learn more about the hosts in web series at CNN.com/Crossfire:
- The web site and live blog are both optimized for desktop and mobile. Viewers can watch clips from the show and learn more about CROSSFIRE in a special new CROSSFIRE section of the CNN apps for iPhone, iPad, Android phones, and the BlackBerry Z10 and the BlackBerry Q10.
- Each day of launch week, GetGlue users can check in and share to their social networking sites that they are watching the return of CROSSFIRE. Once checked in, users can unlock limited-edition premiere stickers. The custom sticker set features an exclusive premiere sticker and five individual host stickers.
- Follow and interact with the show on the official CROSSFIRE accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across cable, satellite, radio, wireless devices and the Internet in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide. Domestically, CNN reaches more individuals on television, the web and mobile devices than any other cable TV news organization in the United States; internationally, CNN is the most widely distributed news channel reaching more than 271 million households abroad; and CNN Digital is a top network for online news, mobile news and social media. Additionally, CNN Newsource is the world’s most extensively utilized news service partnering with hundreds of local and international news organizations around the world. CNN is division of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner Company.
April Andrews Atlanta 404.345.5299 firstname.lastname@example.org
Megan Grant Washington D.C. 202.515.2947 email@example.com