HLN Scores Double and Triple Digit Gains in Prime in July 2013
Network Bests MSNBC In Total Day
HLNtv.com Breaks All-Time Record
HLN continues its ratings momentum, marking five months of consecutive year-over-year growth in prime and total day in both total viewers and P25-54. In M-F prime, the network posted the biggest P25-54 and P2+ viewership gains among all cable news networks and bested MSNBC by +5% in the key demo (197k vs. 188k). In Total Day, HLN was also ahead of MSNBC among P25-54 by +15% (159k vs. 138k), marking the fifth consecutive month HLN outperformed/tied MSNBC.
July 2013 vs. July 2012
PRIME (M-F 8p-11p)
P2+ +55% (466k vs. 301k)
P25-54 +86% (197k vs. 106k)
TOTAL DAY (M-Su 6a-6a)
P2+ +57% (387k vs. 247k)
P25-54 +57% (159k vs. 101k)
In addition, fueled by coverage of the Zimmerman trial, every hour in M-F prime (7-11 p.m. ET) delivered double and triple-digit increases vs. July 2012 in P2+ and P25-54. Program highlights include:
- Morning Express with Robin Meade once again surpassed MSNBC’s Morning Joe for the 5th straight month (146k vs. 129k), and ranks as the #2 cable morning news show among P25-54;
- Jane Velez-Mitchell (7 p.m. ET) up +64% in P2+ (493k) and more than doubled its P25-54 audience (+101%/207k);
- Nancy Grace/Nancy Grace Mysteries (8 p.m. ET) up +34% in P2+ (530k) and +65% in P25-54 (221k);
- Dr. Drew On Call/Mysteries (9 p.m. ET) posted the biggest P2+ (+76%/496k) and P25-54 (+104%/206k) gains amongst cable news in Prime;
- HLN After Dark/Mysteries (10 p.m. ET) up +63% in P2+ (384k), and + 89% in demo (168k).
HLNtv.com, HLN’s online destination for users, posted gains in all key metrics over both the prior month and the prior year. July 2013 broke an all-time record with 7M unique visitors, up +23% from June, and +56% vs. July 2012. The site gathered 51M page views, up +33% vs. June, and up triple digits from July 2012. Additionally, video starts reached 4M, an increase of +16% from June, and +100% vs. July 2012. The site’s top article “George Zimmerman trial: 84 evidence photos” at 15M page views this month, and the top video was “Did the prosecution prove its case?” with 66k video starts. Source: Adobe SiteCatalyst Note: Current month’s data measured from 7/1/13 – 7/30/13. HLNtv.com launched in October 2011.