CNN Digital Has Top Week Ever
As the events in Boston unfolded, CNN Digital posted its most trafficked week on record in terms of page views and mobile, topping even the last two presidential elections. With 808mm page views, the week of the Boston manhunt beat the 665mm page views delivered during the week of the 2008 Election. On mobile web, CNN posted 182mm page views – a lead of 72 mm over the 2012 Election – the next closest week. CNN Digital also experienced a surge in video starts – 65 mm last week, making it the second highest week ever for video, behind only the March 2011 Japanese tsunami (73mm).
Traffic for CNN Digital’s top week ever peaked on Friday, April 19, 2013 as outlined below:
- 173+ million page views – the 3rd highest day on record after Election Days 2008 and 2012.
- 20.4+ million unique visitors – the 4th highest day in history.
- 21 million video starts – 3rd highest day in history, following only the Japanese tsunami and Inauguration 2009.
- 2.3+ million live video streams.
- 44 million mobile page views – second highest ever.
- 1.41 million mobile video starts – top day on record.
- CNN’s unauthenticated live TV coverage received more than 163K mobile plays.
*In addition, the CNN Apps for iPhone and iPad both peaked as the #1 free apps in the iTunes Store on Friday, April 19, 2013.
(Sources: Adobe Analytics; Bango mobile – includes domestic sites only)