CNN Posts Double-Digit Gains in Audience, Page Views for March 2013
Following a strong March 2013 performance, CNN Digital once again closed in on the combined Yahoo!-ABC News Network. Separated last month by 400 mm page views (16%), the gap separating CNN and Yahoo!-ABC News narrowed to a record low. Posting 2.1 billion page views – up 13% over Feb. 2013 and 21% over the previous March, CNN Digital also sustained a firm lead over its other new competitors:
• CNN Digital Network (2.1 billion)
• HPMG News by 38% (1.5 billion)
• Fox News Digital Network by 113% (973 million)
• CBS News by 144% (849 million)
• NBC News Digital by 144% (849 million)
• New York Times Digital by 207% (675 million)
• USA Today Sites by 212% (665 million)
CNN Digital Network also showed gains in unique visitors – 72 million in March 2013 (+10% for the month; 18% for the year), and behind only Yahoo-ABC News Network. (89 million).
For the month, CNN Digital held its top spot in unique users:
• CNN Digital Network (72 million)
• HPMG News by 15% (62 million)
• NBC News Digital by 59% (45 million)
• CBS News by 69% (42 million)
• USA Today Sites by 93% (37 million)
• New York Times Digital by 103% (35 million)
• Fox News Digital Network by 116% (33 million)
Pushing six consecutive years as the No. 1 source for mobile news, CNN Digital posted 25 million users for the month of February 2013 (latest available data):
• CNN Digital Network (25.1 million)
• Yahoo!-ABC News Network by 30% (19.3 million)
• Fox News Digital Network by 52% (16.6 million)
• Google News by 149% (10.1 million)
• NY Times Company by 256% (7.0 million)
• MSNBC News by 302% (6.2 million)
In video, CNN Digital Network totaled 105 million streams in Feb. (latest data available). Ranking only behind the combined total of the Yahoo! – ABC News rollup, it surpassed its next nearest competitor, NBC News Digital Network, by 51%.
CNN remains the most-followed news network on social media with over 11M fans of its branded Facebook fan pages and 38M+ followers on Twitter. For the month of March 2013, CNN remained #1 in social mentions, topping all TV and Digital competitors.
CNN Press Room is the official website for CNN Communications. Providing the latest announcements and information about CNN's various networks, programs and platforms, CNN Press Room provides direct access to press releases, fact sheets, video and images, as well as transcripts, anchor and reporter bios, a running stream of the latest tweets from @CNNPR, and a comprehensive list of individual contacts in the CNN Communications department.
Early Start | New Day | Newsroom with Carol Costello | At This Hour with Berman and Bolduan | Legal View with Ashleigh Banfield | Wolf | Newsroom with Brooke Baldwin | The Lead with Jake Tapper | The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer | Erin Burnett OutFront | Anderson Cooper 360 | CNN Tonight with Don Lemon
Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown | Morgan Spurlock Inside Man | Mike Rowe: Somebody's Gotta Do It | This is Life with Lisa Ling | The Hunt with John Walsh | The Wonder List with Bill Weir | Death Row Stories
A complete listing of all CNN Films.
The complete schedule of our daily programming.
Profiles of our anchors and correspondents.
To find the press representative for a specific CNN network, program or platform, click here.