CNN Has its Best Quarterly Prime Time Delivery Since Q1 ‘09
CNN RATINGS HIGHLIGHTS:
Fourth Quarter 2012
- CNN HAD ITS BEST QUARTERLY PRIME TIME DELIVERY SINCE Q1 ‘09 (Obama Inauguration)
- In both M-F and M-Su Prime, CNN registered it best total viewer delivery since Q3-09 and its best in the demo since Q1-09
- CNN HAD ITS BEST QUARTERLY TOTAL DAY DELIVERY SINCE Q1 ’11 (Japanese Tsunami);
- In total day, Q4-12 is the network’s best since Q1-11 among both total viewers and in demo 25-54.
- CNN had significant growth compared to year ago (4Q 2011); up double digits in total day and in primetime versus last year;
- Erin Burnett Outfront registered its best quarterly deliveries since launch (Q4-11) among both total viewers and key demo 25-54;
- AC 360 at 8 pm is the highest rated show on the network in the key demo 25-54 (229k); AC 360 at 8p posted its best delivery in both demos since taking over the 8p hour (Q3-11), giving the network its best performance in the hour since Q3-09 among total viewers and Q1-09 among 25-54;
- Piers Morgan Tonight at 9 pm is the highest rated show on the network among total viewers (717k); Piers Morgan Tonight experienced its best total viewer delivery since its launch quarter of Q1-11 and its best in the demo since Q3-11.
Total Day: Up +30% in total viewers (525k vs. 404k) and +50% in the key demo 25-54 (184k vs. 123k)
Prime Time (M-F): Up +50% in total viewers (1.016m vs. 677k) and +80% in the target demo 25-54 (372k vs. 207k)
Day Time (M-F): Up +6% in total viewers (544k vs. 511k) and up +25% in key demo (169k vs. 135k)
6pm – The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer: Up +31% in total viewers (661k vs. 505k) and +75% in key demo 25-54 (214k vs. 122k)
7pm – Erin Burnett Outfront: Up +23% in total viewers (604k vs. 490k) and +42% among 25-54 (195k vs. 137k)
8pm – AC 360: Up +23% (711k vs. 578k) and +28% among 25-54 (229k vs. 179k)
9pm – Piers Morgan Tonight: Up +18% in total viewers (717k vs. 609k) and +27% among adults 25-54 (209k vs. 164k)
- CNN also had a strong December, growing double digits in key dayparts compared to last year;
- In Monday-Sunday primetime, CNN grew the most vs. year ago. FNC had double digit ratings loss;
- For the month, AC at 8 pm is the highest rated show on the network in the key demo (202k), while Piers Morgan Tonight is the highest in total viewers (671k).
Total Day: Up +16% in total viewers (456k vs. 392k) and +31% in the demo 25-54 (153k vs. 117k)
Prime Time (M-Su): Up +26% in total viewers (656k vs. 519k) and +32% in key demo (203k vs. 154k) (FNC down -17% in total viewers and -36% in demo in M-Su primetime in December)
6pm – The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer: Up +5% in total viewers (557k vs. 529k) and +38% in the target demo (172k vs. 125k)
7pm – Erin Burnett Outfront: Up +16% in total viewers (543k vs. 468k) and +36% among key demo 25-54 (169k vs. 124k)
8pm – AC 360: Up +21% in total viewers (667k vs. 553k) and +20% in demo (202k vs. 168k)
9pm – Piers Morgan Tonight: Up +12% in total viewers (671k vs. 601k) and +19% in the key demo (185k vs. 155k)
CNN ends the year with a +5% gain in M-F primetime in the key demo (251k vs. 238k) – while FNC is flat. Piers Morgan Tonight ends the year as the top rated show on CNN in total viewers (590k)
with AC 360 at 10pm the highest rated in the key demo 25-54 (198k).