‘DEBATE NIGHT IN AMERICA’ PROGRAMMING:
VIDEO – http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2012/10/03/exp-debate-around-the-world-open.cnn
TRANSCRIPTS – http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/2012.10.03.html
IMAGES (Photo credit: CNN/Edward M. Pio Roda) – http://imftp.turner.com/?f=09pt
- In Washington, Wolf Blitzer, Anderson Cooper and John King, along with Erin Burnett and the Oct. 16 debate moderator Candy Crowley live from Denver, will lead the network’s coverage.
- Chief political analyst Gloria Borger, senior political analyst David Gergen with CNN contributors James Carville, Alex Castellanos, Carly Fiorina and Van Jones, will be on deck with insightful analysis and political expertise throughout the night.
- CNN secured interviews with both debate stand-ins to gain insight into campaign preparation.
- Senior congressional correspondent Dana Bash spoke exclusively with Sen. Rob Portman, who is playing the role of Pres. Obama during Gov. Romney’s debate preparation.VIDEO: http://on.cnn.com/OEbR4x
- Chief White House correspondent Jessica Yellin also sat down for an interview with Sen. John Kerry, who is playing the role of Gov. Romney during Pres. Obama’s debate preparation. VIDEO: http://on.cnn.com/OEbLtF
- Jessica Yellin sat down with First Lady Michelle Obama and Gloria Borger had a national exclusive interview with Ann Romney. VIDEO: http://on.cnn.com/QVqwnD.
- Mrs. Obama to CNN’s Jessica Yellin on debate advice for the president, “You know, he doesn't need much advice. I mean he's been doing this for quite some time. So he - he knows - he knows the job. He's been doing it for quite some time. He's a very good debater. So I do tell him to have fun and relax and just be himself, because the truth is, if he's the Barack Obama the country has come to know and trust, he is going to do a great job.” VIDEO: http://on.cnn.com/OEfMOW
- Mrs. Romney to CNN’s Gloria Borger on what her husband does when he takes the debate stage, “it's a cute thing that he does, almost after every answer. He finds me in the audience. As soon as he sta - gets on stage, the first thing he does is he takes off his watch and puts it on the podium. But then he writes, "dad" on a piece of paper. And that's amazing, because he loves his dad, respects his dad, doesn't want to do anything that would not make his father proud.”
- The first presidential debate between President Obama and Gov. Romney starts.
- In Washington, the “reality check” team of anchor John Berman and correspondent Tom Foreman will fact check both the candidates’ claims and explain campaign issues pre- and post-debate.
- Candy Crowley, who was selected by the Commission on Presidential Debates to moderate the Oct.16 debate, will provide updates for the network from inside the debate hall in Denver. Interview with David Axelrod: http://on.cnn.com/UfcIuH
- Jessica Yellin and national political correspondent Jim Acosta will report from the debate and bring viewers instant reaction from the Spin Room upon conclusion of the debate.
- From Denver, anchor Erin Burnett will lead a focus group of #CNNundecideds Colorado voters to monitor and measure their reactions throughout the evening. Burnett will share the group’s reaction and opinions live on CNN. VIDEO: http://on.cnn.com/OEbyGO
- CNN and ORC International will reveal the results of a poll of viewers across the country who watched the debate. Visit the CNN Political Ticker for additional information http://on.cnn.com/UfbU9a
ALL NIGHT (7:00PM – MIDNIGHT)
- CNN will provide unrestricted access to the network’s presidential debate programming through CNN.com and via CNN’s apps for iPhone and iPad.
- Web users can become video editors with a new clip-and-share feature that allows them to share favorite debate moments on Facebook and Twitter. WATCH HOW TO VIDEO: http://on.cnn.com/Syg20Z
- Embeddable video, highlights from coverage and high resolution, downloadable CNN images will be available throughout the coverage on: http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
5 things to watch in tonight’s debate
John King: Debate all about trust for Romney
ALL TIMES EASTERN