CNN App for iPhone 5 Hits the App Store
New Design, Navigation and Visual Display Provide Enhanced User Experience
The CNN App is now available for iPhone 5, taking full advantage of the device’s taller, four-inch screen and higher resolution Retina display to offer users a more dynamic and interactive experience than ever before.
“Video, still photography and social integration are essential ingredients for the kind of rich-media storytelling we do best at CNN,” said KC Estenson, SVP CNN Digital. “By harnessing the power and features of iPhone 5, the new CNN App delivers more effectively on our promise of robust, multimedia reporting and an interactive user experience.”
Optimized for use on iPhone 5 but compatible with earlier generations of the device, the latest release of CNN’s App for iPhone boasts new features including:
- Landscape view for sections, stories and videos.
- Fly-out navigation, enabling users to browse and view videos simultaneously.
- Detailed view of Live TV and Event programming from the home page.
- Enhanced social media integrations.
- Immersive, enlarged window to showcase HD video, TV and photography.
- Closed captioning for live TV (TV Everywhere).
- Cleaner design and expanded layout to feature more content.
- Persistent weather and 36-hour forecast in the navigation bar.
- Dropdown, swipe and double-tap navigation options for improved usability.
- Simplified iReport interface.
The CNN App for iPhone 5 requires iOS 5.0 or later and is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. For more information or to download the app, visit the iTunes App Store here.
About CNN: About CNN: CNN Worldwide, a division of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner Company, is the most trusted source for news and information. For more than 5 consecutive years, CNN Digital has remained No. 1 in mobile news with an average of more than 21 million unique visitors per month. CNN’s applications for iPhone, iPad, Nokia, Windows 7 phone, and Android phone & tablet have been downloaded more than 22 million times to date. With 3.7 million Facebook fans and nearly 6 million Twitter followers of @CNN, 8.5 million @CNNBRK followers, and more than 30 million followers across all network handles, CNN is the most followed news organization on social media and has more followers than any other cable brand.
— #### —
CNN contact: Matt Dornic email@example.com 443.414.1393