Anderson Cooper 360 Tops FNC and MSNBC at 10pm
According to Nielsen Fast National data, CNN's Arizona debate (8-10p, ET), moderated by John King delivered 4.7 million total viewers and 1.4 million in the key target demographic 25-54 last night Wednesday, February 22.
CNN was, by far, top rated during the 8-10p ET time period last night among the cable news networks in both total viewers and the key demo. CNN topped FNC among total viewers by 173% (4.7m vs. 1.7m) and MSNBC by 464% (4.7m vs. 839k). In the target demo CNN averaged 1.4m, topping FNC (381k) and MSNBC (174k) combined.
With post-debate analysis, Anderson Cooper 360 easily outperformed its cable news competition at 10p. AC360 topped FNC’s On the Record among total viewers by 35% (2.1m vs. 1.6m) and MSNBC’s Last Word by 106% (2.1m vs. 1.0m). In the target demo AC360 posted 740k, topping both FNC (344k) and MSNBC (213k) combined.
During the west coast primetime airing (8-10p, PT/11p-1a, ET replay) CNN had an additional 941k total viewers and 434k in the key demographic 25-54. KTVK (IND-Phoenix) averaged 119k P2+ and 55k P25-54 from 8p-10p ET during its simulcast of the CNN Arizona GOP Presidential Republican Debate.
· CNN.com recorded 3.5 million domestic page views during the 8 – 10 p.m. hours when the Arizona debate aired, up 17% over the prior 4-Wednesday average and up 1% over the average of the prior six CNN debates.
· CNN.com overall received 4.7 million global video starts, representing a 58% increase over the prior 4 Wednesdays and a 29% increase over the other debates. Last night’s video performance ranked #2 among all CNN debates for this election cycle.
· During debate, U.S. mobile page views hit 643.0 thousand, a 2% increase versus the prior 4 Wednesdays and up 2% compared to the average of the prior debates for the 2012 Election.
· Interactions (likes/comments) on the CNN Politics Facebook fan page for this debate were up 18% from Florida Debate and up 12% from the 2011/2012 debate average.
· #CNNDebate was the number #1 trending topic Worldwide for over an hour during CNN’s debate from the 8-10pm. Also trending during that time were John King, Erin Burnett and #AZdebate.
· GetGlue check-ins were up 18% from the Florida Debate and up 25% from the 2011/2012 debates average.
CNN Press Room is the official website for CNN's public relations team. Providing the latest announcements and information about CNN's various networks, programs and platforms, CNN Press Room provides direct access to press releases, fact sheets, video and images, as well as transcripts, anchor and reporter bios, a running stream of the latest tweets from @CNNPR, and a comprehensive list of individual contacts in the CNN PR department.
CNN/U.S. TV programs:
CNN International TV programmes:
The complete schedule of our daily programming.
Bios of our anchors and correspondents.
To find the press rep for a specific CNN network, program or platform, click here.