The CNN Southern Republican Presidential Debate drove the social conversation Thursday night for the CNN Debate.
CNN viewers posted on Facebook, engaged in the conversation on Twitter and 'checked-in' on GetGlue to share with their social followings what they were watching.
The following are the stats from last night's debate:
· For last night’s South Carolina Debate there were 5 postings on the main CNN Facebook fanpage which generated more than 6,000 likes and comments. The highest of which was:
· Who came out on top in tonight's Southern Republican Presidential Debate? Live NOW on CNN.com: CNN's Jim Acosta hosts the post game discussion in the spin room with the candidates. - with nearly 1,800 likes and comments.
· Interactions (likes/comments) for the South Carolina Debate content were up 90% from the New Hampshire Primary and up 67% from the average of the four debates last year.
· The CNN Politics Facebook fan page added 9,000 new followers since the New Hampshire primary on 1/11 for a total of 61,000 followers. Posts on the fan page have generated over 5,500 likes and comments.
· Interactions (likes/comments) for this debates content were up 130% from New Hampshire Primary and up 12% from the average of the three debates last year. (CNN Politics Fan Page launched in early September)
Source: Facebook fan pages CNN 6/13/11, 9/12/11, 10/18/11, 11/22/11, 1/11/12 & 1/19/12; CNN Politics 9/12/11, 10/18/11, 11/22/11, 1/11/12 & 1/19/12
· The CNNbrk account had 28 posts surrounding this debate which were retweeted 4,500 times. Retweets were up 406% compared to New Hampshire Primary and 258% from the average of the three debates last year.
· The hashtag #CNNDebate was a trending topic throughout the evening, ranking as high as #1 Worldwide throughout portions of the broadcast. John King was also trending topic last night, ranking #2 in US and #4 Worldwide.
Source: Twitter analytics 6/13/11, 9/12/11, 10/18/11, 11/22/11, 1/11/12 & 1/19/12
Source: Business Objects 1/1/12-1/20/12
· The CNN Southern Republican Presidential Debate had over 6,200 GetGlue check-ins and generated an estimated 1.2 million impressions across Facebook and Twitter.
Source: GetGlue 9/12, 10/18, 11/22 & 1/20
CNN Press Room is the official website for CNN's public relations team. Providing the latest announcements and information about CNN's various networks, programs and platforms, CNN Press Room provides direct access to press releases, fact sheets, video and images, as well as transcripts, anchor and reporter bios, a running stream of the latest tweets from @CNNPR, and a comprehensive list of individual contacts in the CNN PR department.
CNN/U.S. TV programs:
CNN International TV programmes:
The complete schedule of our daily programming.
Bios of our anchors and correspondents.
To find the press rep for a specific CNN network, program or platform, click here.